Sex and the Single Girl Study
A study on sex that goes beyond "just don't do it."
Whereas most sexuality studies for singles focus solely on purity—simply offering a “don’t do it” or “just wait” message—Sex and the Single Girl presents a broader understanding of what it means to honor God with our sexuality. This resource will equip single women to understand their sexuality, trust the Lord for redemption and healing, and stand against the cultural trends that marginalize and compromise sexuality.
Dr. Juli Slattery, a clinical psychologist and cofounder of Authentic Intimacy, has devoted the last five years of her life to equipping women with God’s truth about sexuality. Here she drives home the truth that every sexual choice is also a spiritual choice. The six-week study is broken down into five days for each week, prompting study and reflection. The weeks cover:
- Why Sexuality Matters: Shows the connection between spirituality and sexuality
- Embracing a Grand Design: Explores God’s design and the beauty of living according to His wisdom
- Sexuality and Your Character: Helps women think through how their sexuality is part of their worship and Christian identity
- Sexual Boundaries: A very practical chapter providing a biblical grid for matters like masturbation, oral sex, and how far is too far to go in a dating relationship
- Battling Temptation: Takes a peek at “the enemy’s playbook” to help women anticipate, prepare for, and stand against sexual temptation
- Restoring Intimacy with God: Shows how God can tear down the wall of sexual sin, shame, and confusion through forgiveness and redemption
This study is especially relevant today. One of the greatest threats to the modern church and emerging adults is the distortion of sexual design. Study after study has documented the proliferation of porn use (among both men and women), sexual exploitation on college campuses, experimentation with homosexuality and bi-sexuality, and the acceptability of multiple sexual partners. The average single Christian has received very little teaching on the purpose of sexuality, and a simple “Just wait until you’re married” approach won’t cut it. Christian singles need to be equipped with a biblical worldview of sexuality and practical tools for talking it out.
This study, which Dr. Slattery created with two women familiar with curriculum development, is ideal for college campuses and small groups. It will prompt discussions on practical topics like sexual temptation, sexual conduct, and responding to cultural thinking on gender issues and sexual autonomy. It is designed to challenge women to examine the assumptions underlying their sexual behaviors and beliefs. The ultimate goal of this resource is to introduce women to an intimate relationship with God who cares about every aspect of her life.
Paperback: 120 pages
Publisher: Moody Publishers (August 1, 2017)
Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.3 x 9.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces